Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What happens at the audition? What is examined and what technical skills do you expect ?
At the audition you will take a ballet, a modern and a jazz class. Afterwards everyone will present their solo of 1-2 minutes.
The acceptance at our school does not only depend on the age and/or the technical skills of the applicants.
In order to become and also stick to be a professional dancer later on, you need a lot of passion and motivation as well as a very strong will and stamina. We do want to be able to see these qualities at the audition.
- 2. I did not take classes in all three fields (ballett, modern and jazz). May I apply for the audition anyway?
Since we do not only consider the existing technical skills, but also look at the moving potential, the physical condition, the performing potential as well as the existing motivation, it is definitely possible to apply.
If possible, you should have absolved a preparatory year or be experienced in at least one of the three fields.
We cannot judge the chances of each applicant are beforehand. In order to make final decisions, we need to see the applicants personally at the audition.
- 3. I cannot come to the indicated audition dates! Are there other dates?
Yes, please send us an Email or call us, so we can find another date, where you could come to attend a class audition taking part at the regular training of the first educational year at the Tanzakademie balance 1.
- 4. Is the final degree of your school a BA (Bachelor of Arts)?
Our school is a recognized vocational school for contemporary dance. Most institutions and universities see the diploma as an equivalent to the Bachelor of Arts. This is why graduates may apply for Dance- or Choreography specific Master Of Arts courses of studies at institutions of higher education.
- 5. Can I receive government student support?
German students can receive german government student support. Students coming from abroad must inform themselves in their home countries where to ask for government student support.
Swedish CSN now supports swedish students throughout the whole duration of the dance education.
- 6. Does the possibility exist to drop in and visit the Tanzakademie balance 1, have a look at the classes or even take classes in order to get to know the school?
Unfortunately this is not possible.
If you take part at a class audition you have the possibility to get to know the school, the students and teachers. You may actually come in and watch classes after you have succeeded the audition and still need some time to reflect before making up your mind.
So to take a class is only possible taking a class audition.
Otherwise the school would be crowded all the time, disturbing and affecting daily classes working processes, preparations for the examinations, rehearsals etc. During their study students have to work intensively, concentrated and focused.
Of course it is possible to visit the school at our yearly “Day of the open House” and certainly to come and watch our different dance presentations order to get to know more about the school.
- 7. Is it possible to enter the education after the schoolyear has started?
Entering the education later on is generally possible.
In case you’re interested please contact as in order to find an audition date as soon as possible.
- 8. Can I go to university during the vocational dance education?
The dance education is a full time education. The students are expected to work by themselves individually beside the daily classes and in addition there are rehearsal times, so university studies cannot be made at the same time.
- 9. Is there an age limit for the vocational dance education program?
Our age limit is 24 years. Exceptions are possible. Most students begin their dance education after their school leaving examination or after a preparatory dance course.
- 11. Do you offer preparatory classes, summer workshops and/or beginners classes?
The premises of the Tanzakademie balance 1 are being used by the students of the dance academy only. Preparatory classes are in process of planning.